Friday, August 25, 2006

Bikes - Present and Past

Along about age fifty-five I reached a restless point in my life. It was time for me to get busy doing some of the many things I had wanted to do but had long put off for a variety of reasons. A return to riding motorcycles was one of them.

Click any picture to enlarge.


The first bike I bought in 2002 to relearn how to ride was a barely/rarely used 2001 Honda Shadow 750cc ACE (American Classic Edition)


















It wasn't long before I outgrew the Honda Shadow and moved up to a new, much larger, 2005 Honda VTX 1300.



















I soon discovered I loved long distance touring, which led to the purchase of a even larger, new, 2005 Honda GL1800A Gold Wing touring bike.

Photo's by killboy.com (Riding the Dragon Tail- Hwy 129-Deals Gap, NC. 05-06)

I also bought a new 2006 Suzuki V Strom DL 1000. This is the Dual Sport touring bike I have outfitted for my June 2007 trip to Alaska. As you can see, it didn't take me long to commit to ATGATT.
(All the Gear, All The Time.)

My V Strom was sold September 2008. It was a great ride and I miss it!







Sacred cows make the best hamburger!
~Samuel Clemens, AKA- Mark Twain~


Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. ~Henry David Thoreau~

1 comment:

  1. Wow..you go Simply_Mike. Although we have never met but shared some
    stories and fun in club, I do so hope someday you drive up to Erie,
    and we can finally meet. You are an amazing person and am glad you are enjoying yourself. I look forward to seeing more pictures
    and stories.

    ReplyDelete