Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Journey to Alaska


After a quick, successful scope surgery on my left knee to correct a couple of minor tears, it looks like the official start of our Alaska motorcycle trip will be Saturday, June 16th, 2007. My riding partner is Ted Randles from Unionville, IL.

This trip, as planned, should take about five weeks, more or less. In addition to riding up through the US and Canadian National Parks to Alaska, we also plan to ride down the west coast as far as northern California before turning east and homeward.

The goal is simply to enjoy the ride, see the sights and ride safe. We will be collecting National Park Stamps with the end goal of earning The Ironbutt Master Traveler Award (Gold). I plan to post travel reports and pictures along the way, subject to Internet availability and my daily energy levels.


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore , Dream."
~Samuel Clemens (a.k.a Mark Twain)~

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! I can't wait to read about it! I was in the car with my mommy at a stoplight today next to a Gold Wing and I told my mommy, "that's like the cycle my grandpa rides!" :)

    ReplyDelete