Sunday, May 25, 2008

The USA Four Corners Tour

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 marks the start my solo USA Four Corners Adventure. I am riding my 2005 Honda GL1800A Gold Wing.

The USA Four Corners Tour is governed by The Southern California Motorcycle Association (SCMA). The actual 21-day tour (drawn in red.) will, more or less, encompass 8,900 miles, beginning in Key West, FL and ending in Madawaska, Maine. The overall month-long trip will cover about 12,200 miles.

I have four primary goals.

(1.) Successfully complete and certify The USA Four Corners Tour.

(2.) Ride in the seven states I have not yet visited on a motorcycle and complete my 49 state-sign picture collection.

(3.) Use as many of the 21 days allowed as possible, sniff a few flowers, and ride some new and interesting roads.

(4.) Collect at least one National Park Stamp in the states I have not yet visited. (Deleware does not presently have a National Park)

To appease an otherwise very patient wife, I will be utilizing a SPOT Personal Tracker (Satellite Tracking System) which will display my exact location at any given time. I would like to thank Jason Jonas for providing the unique, copyrighted mapping program I will be using for this ride.

A little about the map for those that have never used a Google Earth Map; You will notice arrows on the top left side of the map. These arrows allow you to move the map from side to side and to zoom in and out. You can also move the map by simply left clicking, holding and draging. If you zoom in close and click Satellite (top right) you will see an actual picture of the area.

To view my entire trip map page "Click Here"

To view the 24 hour SPOT map "Click Here"

I invite you to follow my daily progress here on my blog and on my personal map pages. As always, I welcome comments, so please feel free.
Four wheels move the body ...... Two wheels move the soul. ~Frank T. Lorello~

"The door of safety swings on the hinges of common sense." ~Tesoro Refinery~

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that tracker?
    Very neat stuff!
    Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Be careful!
    love you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll follow you on spot and perhaps ride with you in NorCal.

    FXDB - Gary

    ReplyDelete