Thursday, June 26, 2008

4CT Tour - Thursday, June 26th. 08

Streets & Trips Map


SPOT Satellite Tracking Map of Tour

"The elephant has been eaten!"


I made it home safely this morning around 7:30 am.

It's "GREAT" to be home!

Now for a few stats:

Mileage Chart


I rode 11,897 miles total. For the entire ride I averaged 541 miles per day.

The "official" Four Corners Tour from Key West, FL to San Ysidro, CA to Blaine, WA, to Madawaska, ME totaled 9,045 miles. I rode the tour in 15 1/2 days with an overall average of 565.3 miles per day.

As listed above, 7 days were over 600+ mile days. Ten days were +500 miles, 3 were + 400 and 2 were +200.

The 3-400 mile days were two-lane side trips. (Big Sur / San Francisco - along the California coast, The Colombia River Gorge in Washington, Beartooth Pass , Chief Joseph Highway and Big Horn National Park in Montanna/Wyoming

Other higher mileage two-lane side trips included The Northern Cascades Historic Highway in Washington and a two-lane ride from Fargo, ND to Ottawa, Ontario. I also had the opportunity to ride through Boston, MA, Providence, RI, New York City, NY and Baltimore, MD on the ride home.

The 2-200 plus mile days were the short trip from Valdosta, GA to Orlando, FL (Day Plus One), and from Lexington, KY to Paducah, KY (Day Twenty One), the last day.

I enjoyed two rest days in Maine after completing the tour. With the Wing parked and no mileage, I excluded both days from the mileage totals and averages.

I count myself extremely fortunate not to have had an accident or even a close call during the Tour.

Gas Price - Temp Chart



The highest gas prices I found in the US was $4.67 in Pacifica, CA. (a suburb of San Francisco, CA)

The lowest gas price in the US was $3.66 in Tuson, AZ

The highest gas prices encountered in Canada was 1.41 per liter in Montreal, Quebec and Riviere Du Loup, Ontario.


I did not keep miles per gallon info.

The high temp of 100F came, as expected, in the panhandle of FL and The Imperial Valley, CA.

The low temp of 36F was found 11,000 ft up at the top of Beartooth Pass, Wyoming between the snowbanks.

My SPOT map has now been disabled. Thanks again to the many who followed my adventure and posted comments. All were much appreciated.

This was truly a ride that I will never forget!






"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."~Anonymous~

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. Im Inspired again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled that you're back home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are home and had a great trip. DU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for a successful and safe trip. I know that you are glad to be home if only for a while. Maybe I get you down this way in the fall for another fishing trip.

    Dwight

    ReplyDelete