Tuesday, October 21, 2008

KY County Courthouse Tour (8)


77 Blue Counties Visited of 120 Total
White & Red - Future Trips   (Click Map)


Monday, October 20, 2008

Kentucky Courthouse Tour (SPOT)
Software Copyright © Jason Jonas

I have learned daylight comes late in the eastern time zone. Finally, at 7:40 am, I departed Mt. Vernon for Stanford. The temp was 30 degrees amid an otherwise bright and clear sky.

(70) Lincoln County
Stanford, KY

(71) Garrard County
Lancaster, KY

I am sure it is obvious by now that I have a strong interest in the colorful history of each of these counties. I have posted many of the historical signs I have found along the way.

(72) Boyle County
Danville, KY

(73) Mercer County
Harrodsburg, KY
(74) Jessamine County
Nicholasville, KY

(75) Fayette County
Lexington, KY

(76) Woodford County
Versailles, KY

(77) Anderson County
Lawrenceburg, KY



After stopping in Elizabethtown, KY for the worst pork bar-b-que sandwich I have had in a long time, I arrived home Monday afternoon around 3:00 pm, tired but very pleased with my 3-day ride. I am already looking forward to the next courthouse tour.



I love the open road and all that it suggests.
~ADVrider~

It is easy to be brave from a distance.
~Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee~



2 comments:

  1. It was very intersting browsing through all the courthouse pics. I'll be checking back to see the rest of them!

    dkpath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Mike.
    A friend sent me your tour what a beautiful way spending some of your time & to see life as it really is- the wonder of nature. I also like how you feel life through Mark Twain.Please E-mail Me when you go out on other tours.
    What a Tour, Mimi Ps I have 2 e-mails the 2nd one is mims angels9@yahoo.com thats where most of my mail gets sent too

    ReplyDelete