Tuesday, October 21, 2008

KY County Courthouse Tour (6)

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kentucky Courthouse Tour (SPOT)

The goal was to ride the southern green route on my KY State Map.

I left Paducah in the pre-dawn darkness around 6:15 am. After spotting several deer near the roadside of I-24 I made a prudent stop in Princeton to await daylight and grab a quick breakfast at the local Hardy's.

(50) Casey County
Liberty, KY

Late in the morning, and two hundred sixty five miles later, I arrived at my first court house.

(51) Pulaski County
Somerset, KY

(52) McCreary County
Whitley City, KY

(53) Whitley County
Williamsburg, KY

(54) Knox County
Barbourville, KY

(55) Bell County
Pineville, KY

(56) Harlan County
Harlan, KY

The rest of the afternoon was spent riding along the southeastern tier of Kentucky counties collecting pictures of the next six courthouses. I ended the day at the only hotel in Harlan, Ky, the Holiday Inn Express.


Listen to the Past
It leads to the future.

Consider the Future
It becomes the Present

Live the Present
To acheive a Happy Past

REF Jr. 1996

Every man dies.... Not every man lives
~William Ross Wallace~

No comments:

Post a Comment