Saturday, July 28, 2007

AK Trip - Day Forty Three - Saturday, July 28th,

Mountain View, MO to Paducah, KY

We left Mountain View early and rode the last few miles into Paducah, non-stop, arriving this morning.


All together we rode 11, 839 miles, measured by my Suzuki V Strom. (The trip meter has already turned over once at 10,000 miles.) Ted's Wing is showing about 7% more miles. This does not include the 600 or so miles on The Alaskan Ferry.

The trip lasted 42 days, 2 hours and I posted 39 pages to this blog, including 335 pictures.

This was one amazing trip by any measure. I would like to thank Ted for his steadfast partnership and his friendship during this extraordinary ride. I will always consider this trip as one of my best rides. Hopefully there will be many more.

In the next day or so I will post a complete list of the National Parks we visited for those interested. I plan to continue my quest for the Ironbutt Master Traveler Award (Gold) in the near future with trips to Maine and Florida. I will also make shorter trips to surrounding states.

“We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” ~Hilaire Belloc~

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Glad you made it back safe and sound! We all missed you! I have a little boy here that can't wait to love on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful accomplishment!!!
    It has to be the ride of a lifetime by anyones measurement. Congratulations to both of you. You have the right to be very proud. Now I see why they call it the Iron Butt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to sign,,,,Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing such a journey. I had no doubts that you would do so. Although I perused your blog many times without making comments, I hope you know that I thought about you often. The great part about your trip was that you found someone that had your same goals, that is the gathering of National Parks stamps.

    Joe F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike/Ted,
    I've taken a week off of reading the blog while riding to Quebec.
    I have just finished "catching up" and want to say again how much I appreciate you "taking us along". I understand long days in the saddle and I can promise you that I would not have been as faithful with updates as you have been. Shoot, I have just finished a one week trip of 3,400 miles, not 42 days and 12,000 miles and I'm not writing a trip report! LOL Thanks again, and I'm glad you rode safely!
    Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our evenings are somewhat quieter now that we can't check for your daily info. Guess we will have to find another way to pass away our evenings. We are so glad you both made it home O.K. Ted stopped by and we fed him supper Monday. See you soon..........MJ & RJ

    ReplyDelete